Saturday, November 7, 2009

Don't know what to say

A friend of mine and long-time Wolves season ticket holder summed up last night's loss to Milwaukee simply: "That was the worst game I've every seen"

He might not have been to far off. 

As we walked out of Target Center and to a First Avenue watering hole, he was livid. 

I realize that there are going to plenty of nights when the Wolves get thrashed. That's the reality of a young, rebuilding team. I get that and can accept that.

What I can't really accept is the Wolves getting their asses kicked by an average at best Bucks team that no longer has Richard Jefferson or Charlie V and one that doesn't have a healthy Michael Redd. I also can't accept the Wolves apparent fear of rebounding. And the ball movement was crap.

How bad were the Wolves last night? The easiest way to sum it up is that Luke Ridnour was the best guard on the court. For real.

When this week started, I thought the Wolves could win two games. I thought winning at the Clippers was very possible and I was certain they would beat Milwaukee at home. Neither happened and the Wolves are now 1-5 and play at a Portland team tomorrow night that looked pretty good in a win over San Antonio last night. I can't see a win there, but maybe Monday night's game at Golden State is a possibility.

I'm cool with the reality that progress will be slow. But I would like to see some effort. 

That's all.

Update: The Target Center looked like the TC of last year. Lots and lots of empty seats. The good news was that I got two $50 tickets for a total of $39. Still I feel a bit ripped off.

No comments:

Post a Comment