Thursday, November 26, 2009

Negativity on Thanksgiving

A few things on this Turkey Day.

1. Many apologies for a recent lack of blogging. I haven't given up, I've just been a bit busier than I would like in my work life. I do so hate when work gets in the way of other things. I did have most of a post written after last week's loss to Houston, but it never quite got finished. My take was that I want to see more Ramon Sessions and less Jonny Flynn. 

2. I'm out of town this weekend so I didn't see a single second of last night's loss to Denver and, barring something really strange, won't see any of tomorrow night's game against Phoenix. From looking at the box score and seeing some video highlights on nba.com, it seemed like more of the same: missed shots, little defense and a fourth-quarter rally against the other team's reserves to make it look closer than it really was.

3. I do wonder exactly when the Timberwolves are going to win another game. I knew this season was going to be a challenge and that became an even greater challenge once KLove broke his hand in the preseason, but I didn't think it was going to be this bad. I thought we were looking at a 25-win season or something in that ballpark. So we're sitting here on Thanksgiving and the Wolves are 1-14 and they are really very close to being 0-15. Last night's loss makes it official that this is the worst start in Wolves history. 

Think about that for a second: Worst start in Wolves history. That really is saying something. We have seen a good amount of bad basketball here in the Twin Cities. Hell, the didn't get to 20 wins in either 92 or 93 before following that up with 20 wins in 94 and 21 wins in 95. But all of those teams recorded more than one win in the first 15 games of the season. 

I can't see the Wolves beating Phoenix tomorrow night or winning at Denver on Sunday. That will make them 0-for-November. That, friends, is brutal.

There is one thing I'm thankful for on this day, however.

1. I am thankful that we do have a NBA team to watch, despite the recent sucking of the Wolves. I recently saw a friend from Seattle who was in town for work. He talked about how once the Seahawks are through, there isn't all that much to get excited about until the Mariners start in April. Yes, there is college hoops, but it isn't the same.

So we do have that.


No comments:

Post a Comment