Friday, December 11, 2009

A couple of quick items

Semi short of time here this morning, but wanted to throw out a couple of things for my faithful readers (seriously, I love the comments).

In this morning's Star Tribune, it was pretty clear that Jerry Zgoda went to Lakers practice yesterday.

A couple of the highlights:

- The last four Wolves losses have come by an average of 2.7 points. The previous 11 losses were by an average of 18.8 points.

- Phil Jackson on the Wolves: "They look like they started to get it about a week and a half ago. They're starting to play better. It's nice to see his team starting to play well and be competitive. They've gotten over the hump, so to speak, so I'm warning our guys not to take them lightly."

My thoughts:

1. I expect the Wolves to get their asses completely kicked tonight at Staples Center. If we have learned anything in the first six weeks of this NBA season, it is that the Lakers are in a different universe from the rest of the teams in the West. Eight of the Lakers 17 victories this season have been by 15 or more points. They beat Utah the other night by 24 points. They have a 19- and a 20-point win over Phoenix. They beat the Bulls by 15, Oklahoma City by 16, New Orleans by 16, Memphis by 16 and Golden State by a whopping 33. Basically I'm going with no expectations and if the Wolves make it somewhat competitive, I'll be thrilled.

2. If the Wolves can win one game on this three-game road trip, that would be a pretty good feat. I'm guessing, however, that it will be an 0-3 trip. Winning at Sacramento seems like the most obvious place to get a win, but the surprising Kings are 8-3 at Arco this season (losing only to Miami, Chicago and Atlanta). In addition, guess who doesn't play tonight? Yep, Sacto. And Monday night in Utah? I say no chance. The Jazz are going to want to give the Wolves a serious beatdown after losing here last Saturday.

3. Here are a few things I'll be watching for on this trip: How long can Rambis keep bringing Love off of the bench? How will the minute distribution between Flynn and Sessions evolve? How will Ellington adjust now that teams have some film of him playing legit minutes?

That's probably it from here today. Please chime in whenever in the comments. I am happy to hear from you, even if you disagree with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment