Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I love eBay/what to expect tonight.

I just walked back to my desk from the printer. In my hand is the printout of two tickets for tonight's Wolves-Clippers game. I bought them off of eBay. $100 worth of tickets that I scored for $18.30. How good is that? For less than the price of going to a movie, I'll get to see a number of good young NBA players. Will I see a playoff team? Probably not, but it should at least be interesting.

What exactly will I see this evening? The team that got crushed at Sacramento? Or the one that made good plays (with Gomes out) down the stretch in Monday night's win at Utah?

While the Timberwolves still have but four victories this season and are last in the Western Conference, there are some good things out there. A look at them:

- The biggest thing is that the Wolves simply have a better clue as to what Rambis wants offensively. There looks to be less confusion and less standing around.

- JFlynn, in the process, seems to have a better sense of what he wants to do and is playing with more confidence. His play at the end of the Utah victory was strong. I didn't like the early-in-the-clock three with a couple of possessions remaining. But the way he beat Deron Williams off of the bounce on the winning basket was very good. That is especially the case considering that the screen to get him loose never really got Williams.

-I'll be interested in seeing Corey Brewer tonight. He played his best game of the season against Utah in that he played a bunch of minutes, scored 22 points, shot better than 50 percent from the floor, had two assists for every turnover and took a great charge in the final 45 seconds on Carlos Boozer. While I didn't see the Sacramento game, he shot better than 50 percent in that game as well. I hope that he has figured out the magic of good shot selection. If that is the case, that would be significant for the Wolves.

-Has Big Al finally returned? On the recent road trip, Big Al averaged 24.3 points and 12 rebounds per game. He scored 23 or more points in each game, marking the first time this season he has gotten 20 in three straight games. Maybe the knee is starting to feel good. It will be interesting to see what he can do against Chris Kaman tonight. Al only had 13 points against the Clippers earlier this season while turning the ball over eight times.

FLYNN FOURTH: If you have ESPN insider access, you can read David Thorpe's analysis of the rookie class at this point. Thorpe rankes Flynn fourth behind Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings and Omri Casspi. I totally get the first two. I'm not as sold on Casspi, but I can't totally argue either as the native of Israel is having a fine rookie season for the Kings. At the same time, he doesn't have nearly the responsibilities as Flynn either.

That's it for now. Looking forward to an evening at Target Center tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment